Wichita SHRM Volunteer Opportunities
Our Chapter offers all members the opportunity to grow professionally and network informally with your fellow Chapter members by volunteering on standing committees, for special projects, or with community partnerships. Some volunteers consult informally with other members on issues and problems within their area of expertise as part of our Chapter Member Network, while others write articles for our monthly newsletter, coordinate speaker appearances, and register attendees for meetings and seminars.
Conference Planning: Wichita SHRM is hosting an Employment Law Conference on October 23, 2019 in Wichita. If you would like to be part of the planning committee contact Christine Groeneveld, Director of Government Affairs and Advocacy at firstname.lastname@example.org. The planning committee meets via conference call.
To volunteer for a committee, please contact the board member overseeing that area or send an email to email@example.com.
- Finance: The Finance Committee assists in the assessment of financial implications of proposed actions and makes appropriate recommendations to the board. Develops and monitors annual budgets, measures financial effectiveness, and reports on financial matters to the general membership. The committee provides input regarding possible financial concerns and assesses the financial direction of the chapter.
- Programs: The Programs Committee assists with developing, planning, and coordinating monthly meetings, workshops, seminars, and any special events that may be held. The Diversity Director sits on the committee to provide input on diversity programming.
- Membership: The Membership Committee assists with maintaining chapter Membership. The committee plans, implements and coordinates the annual Membership drive(s), provides orientation to new chapter members, serves as Ambassadors for the chapter, and encourages ongoing networking of new and current members by providing information about Wichita SHRM, its Mission and ongoing programs, services and events.
- Communications: The Communications Committee assists with planning and implementing chapter public relations and communications including recommendations for the chapter newsletter, website, and other forms of communications to promote Wichita SHRM in the business community.
- Sponsorships/Marketing: The Marketing Committee assists with developing, planning, implementing, and managing the marketing activities of the chapter, including sponsorship solicitation for luncheons, PM programs, seminars and other chapter activities.
- Legislative: The Legislative Committee assists with developing, planning, and implementing activities that promote the education and participation of chapter members in legislative affairs. The committee monitors local, state and national activities and disseminates information to the membership on legislative issues that may affect the HR profession.
Certification: The Certification Committee encourages members to achieve PHR, SPHR, and/or GPHR certification through publicizing information related to HRCI certification and promoting activities that will assist members in preparing for the exam.
- Diversity: The Diversity Committee provides technical expertise and program leadership on issues that impact workplace diversity, equal employment opportunity, affirmative action and other related topics to the Wichita SHRM membership.
- Workforce Readiness: The Workforce Readiness Committee works to inspire the HR professional to be a catalyst and resource in developing connections that result in educational excellence and workforce readiness by working with community organizations and linking Wichita SHRM members to those opportunities.
- Strategic Planning: The Strategic Planning Committee works to assess and adjust Wichita SHRM's mission, goals, and strategies to ensure they are consistent with the national organization, responsive to the local membership's needs, and ensure effective and efficient chapter operations
- Mentoring: The peer mentoring program takes an approach that emphasizes commitment, learning, personal growth, and development.
- College Relations: Coordinate activities and associations with the student HR chapters.