Jess Ekstrom, Founder and CEO of Headbands of Hope shared her inspiration for and journey to starting her company with Wichita SHRM members August 15. Here are a few of the messages she shared:
- One path to finding what you want is to create what you wish existed. That can be a work environment, a new process, a workplace culture, or even just kindness in the world.
- Inspiration requires action. Many people have great ideas, they just don’t pursue them. You have to be relentless of your pursuit for what you want in the world.
- When life doesn’t go how you thought it might, you have the ability to choose if it’s a dead-end or a U-turn. There’s always another way to try to get to where you want to go.
- We can’t control everything that happens, but we can control what it means to us and how we respond.
- To be resilient at work, we have to build connection to our work. And we can help others do the same.