Thanks for a Great Year!
Now that Thanksgiving is behind us and as we head toward the end of the year, I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your participation in Wichita SHRM in 2013! Wichita SHRM is only as strong as its members and volunteers, and because of all of you, we have had a phenomenal year!
This would be a very long article if I mentioned everything that Wichita SHRM has done, but here are a few highlights from 2013:
• Our Programs Committee partnered with the Sedgwick County Business Leadership Network (BLN) to bring our first ever webinar series. The series began at our March luncheon, which was then followed by 6 webinars. This webinar series won the Kansas SHRM Diversity Award!
• Wichita SHRM was awarded the Community Leadership Diversity Award by Butler Community College. This award was given to Wichita SHRM largely due to the efforts of our Workforce Readiness and Diversity Committees!
• Eleven of our members were recognized by the Wichita Business Journal in the inaugural year of the HR Professionals Award.
• Our Foundation Committee hosted a Silent Auction raising nearly $3,500 for the SHRM Foundation.
• Our Golf Tournament Committee put on the largest golf tournament yet to raise money for the Wichita SHRM Scholarship Fund. The tournament raised nearly $6,500.
• Kara Hunt from the Wichita chapter won the Kansas SHRM Trombold Award.
In addition to all of these accomplishments, we have seen significant membership growth, hosted several high quality educational programs, and continued to expand our community involvement.
As we close out the year, I want to thank the board members and committee members for all of their hard work this year. I also want to thank all of you for placing your trust in me as President for 2013. It has been an honor to serve Wichita SHRM this year and I am eager to see what the future brings! I know the Chapter is in great hands with our 2014 President, Teresa Bengtson, and the 2014 board. Thank you all again for the opportunity to serve as your President this year and for your support of Wichita SHRM.
Shelbye Smith, SPHR
2013 President of Wichita SHRM
Wichita SHRM - An HR Investment
A Wichita SHRM membership investment connects members to the local HR community through monthly programs, online forums, quarterly newsletters, job postings, networking opportunities, and much more! A list of additional membership benefits can be found by clicking here
- Not a member? Click here to join Wichita SHRM...
- Already a member? Click here renew your Wichita SHRM membership...
Don't forget to update your profile and chapter notices and your communication preferences:
- First, log in to WichitaSHRM.org (click on Member Login in the upper right)
- Next, click on "Profile" in the upper right
- Next, click "Edit Profile" at the bottom of the "Personal Info" tab
Your membership profile will be kept in confidence and used only by the Wichita Chapter of SHRM for strategic planning and to further our mission, which is to bring together practitioners in the field of human resources and provide opportunities for them to grow professionally through education and networking.
Wichita SHRM membership is truly an investment in your professional development and is critical to our success. If you have any questions, concerns, or difficulties joining or renewing your membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jon Tiger, SPHR
VP of Membership - 2013 Wichita SHRM